ESO Addons or ESO Mods are user-created modifications to the Elder Scrolls Online interface, providing functions like item tracking, additional information display, and data analysis. ESO Addons can enhance the game’s visuals and audio but cannot add new game objects or alter game mechanics. In this guide, we’ll explain how to get started using the best addons for ESO!
How to get ESO Addons
ESOUI is a frequently updated website providing a library of ESO Addons at your fingertips, including descriptions and download links. Downloading and Installing the ESO addon manager Minion simplifies this process as well. ESO Addons can also be installed manually by downloading a compressed file, extracting its contents to the Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Addons folder, and enabling it in the game’s Settings menu.
How to use Minion for ESO Addons
To install Minion, download the program from the official Minion website and locate your ESO folder manually if necessary. Once installed, use the “find addons” tab to search for recommended ESO addons and any others you may want, making sure also to install any associated library files.
If your addons aren’t working, check if they appear in the game’s addon menu. If not, you may have installed them in the wrong folder. If they are there but not working, make sure to install any missing library files and allow out-of-date addons in the game’s settings.
Best Addons for ESO
Best addons for Quality Of Life
1. Auto Category Revised – this is a fantastic add-on that organizes your inventory into further subcategories, making it far easier to find for example a light armor set for your character by simply clicking on the armor tab in the inventory list and selecting the light armor icon to show only those items in your inventory or bank.
- Pre-defined rules and settings for beginners, download, and use with no more settings required. Just that easy!
- A nice header is added for each category. Get a clear view of your inventory.
- Auto group for your set items without adding rules one by one.
- Use pre-defined or your own rules, applying them to your backpack/bank/guild bank/craft bag/craft station/home storage. It will refresh categories immediately without reloading.
- Fully customizable rules based on LUA, for advanced users, you can categorize items as the way you want.
- Rule checking to assist you in writing rules that can work.
2. Inventory Insight – a very useful add-on for those who have multiple characters. This quickly takes stock of all your character’s inventories located in their bags, the bank, and even house chests. You’ll have to log in to your characters once for the add-on to record the information but after that, anytime you open your inventory there will be a search bar that allows you to search for specific items and it will tell you not only where it’s located and on which character!
- tracks everything in your characters’ Bags, Bank, Guild Banks, CraftBag and Storage Chests
- tracks items in House(s) (configurable)
- keeps track of the Gold / AP / Telvar Stones / Writ Vouchers for each character
- keeps track of the space used/available for each character
- allows filtering your inventory by item type
- lets you search the items by name, or by set name
- adds data to item tooltip showing you where that item is located (all popups/tooltips, or only when over the Inventory Insight window)
3. Lazy Writ Crafter – arguably one of the best add-ons period, this makes crafting a seamless and stressless affair. Once installed, LWC allows players to approach a crafting bench and automatically complete your daily writs for you in milliseconds, allowing you to only have to press 1 button and then run to the drop-off location.
- Fully automatic crafting, including Smart style stone selection – Craft multiplier
- Automatically withdraw quest items from banks
- Auto loot writ rewards
- Automatic quest and bank dialog
- Valuable reward alert
- Writ reset reminder
- Quest Journal buffer, so you don’t take too many non-writ quests
- Stealing protection while doing writs- Writ reward handling for some reward items – automatically deposit or destroy them
4. Beam Me Up – this is yet another amazing quality-of-life add-on that lets you teleport to any friend or guildmate at any location completely free of charge. Simply search by friend or zone and away you go. This makes getting around Tamriel much easier.
Best addons for user interface
5. Bandits User Interface – a highly customizable user interface add-on that can enhance your gameplay experience by providing a wealth of information that is not normally visible. It offers features such as tracking the use of ultimates, which is especially useful in Dungeons and Trials. While it may require some initial setup to tailor it to your preferences, it can be a valuable tool for players who prefer a more information-packed interface or even a more spartan appearance than vanilla for those who enjoy taking cinematic screenshots.
- Different UI styles, themes
- Group frames, regrouper, death counter, ability to see group members stats, buffs
- Combat statistics, combat log, group statistics
- Buffs, Widgets, Ability timers
- Minimap (does not supports gamepad mode)
- Combat reticle and reticle timers
- Quick slots managar
- Custom bar
- Combat notifications
6. Perfect Pixel is a UI add-on that significantly enhances your inventory screens, quest logs, and other menus by utilizing the full screen instead of the default middle 50%. It provides a more comprehensive overview of your items at a glance, making it easier to find and sell items. Overall, it’s a great tool that improves the game’s UI and reduces the need for excessive mouse-wheel scrolling.
Best Addons for Maps
7. Map Pins offers valuable assistance by locating points of interest and treasure chests, and other hidden/undiscovered locations typically not visible in vanilla until you approach the location. This makes it easy to navigate to specific locations, saving you valuable time and effort. You can also toggle on/off specific displays while on your map, further streamlining/personalizing your experience.
8. Harvest Map is a must have addon for efficient farming. It provides an easy-to-reference map of all available resource nodes. With Harvest Map, you can customize the types of items shown on your map, allowing for a more streamlined farming experience.
9. Destinations – this add-on is particularly useful for new players, as it provides highlighted locations for important places within a zone, such as wayshrines, dungeons, dolmens, and mundus stones. It eliminates the frustration of searching for crucial locations, making exploration more efficient. It’s easy to use and can be toggled off when preferred.
- Area of Interests
- Public Dungeons
- Mundus Stones
- Group Bosses
- Group Dungeons
- Quest Hubs
- Crafting Locations
- Solo Dungeons
- Group Events
- Group Delves
- Trial Instances
10. Lorebooks is a valuable add-on that reveals the locations of the books needed to increase your Mage’s guild skill line. It offers multiple options for finding each book and removes them from the map once acquired. This is a must-have add-on for those seeking to level their Mage’s skill line and access its benefits.
- Pins on maps of all books of the game. Divided into 3 filters Unknown Lorebooks, Collected Lorebooks, Eidetic Memory.
- Pins on your compass for the Unknown Lorebooks & Eidetic Memory.
- Possibility to unlock Eidetic Memory even without doing the Mage Guild Questline.
- A setting to disable the click option to set a player waypoint. This is useful if the books are stacked on a wayshrine.
11. Skyshards – straightforward to its name, this add-on displays the locations of every Skyshard in a given zone on your map and allows you to search for specific ones that you may be missing as well.
Best Addons for Combat (combat addons)
12. Code’s Combat Alerts – this add-on is highly beneficial for challenging content such as Veteran Dungeons, Trials, and Arenas. During intense fights, it can be easy to miss an enemy charging up a one-shot mechanic, which can result in a wipe. With this add-on, you receive a notification when targeted with such mechanics, allowing for quicker reaction times. It’s especially crucial for completing difficult achievements like the Trifecta in Sunspire, Cloudrest, Rockgrove, and other trials. Very helpful in teaching mechanics to new players who are trying this level of PVE content for the first time as well.
13. Action Duration Reminder – this add-on highlights your skills and places timers that help notify you when it is time to reactivate them in your rotation. It shows both your front and back bar skill timers and ultimately will help you be a better and more efficient player.
- Show the current action duration remaining seconds in the action bar
- Show a shift bar of swapped action hints above their original action bar position
- Auto move player resource bars upward when they are conflicted with shift bar
- Support actions without duration attribute but have DOT effects such as Destructive Touch
- Keep the ending 0.0 hints blinking for a little longer after duration finished, so they don’t get lost easily
- Support actions stackable effect counting such as Nightblade’s Grim Focus and its morphs
- Append shift bar on top of ultimate button to show third ability bar such as overload bar action timer hints
- Override action duration with target debuff effect, e.g. change Beast Trap’s 60s timeout to 6s timeout after triggered
- Support stackable or time lasting effects triggered by equipment to be marked onto related action bar slots
14. Combat Metrics – this add-on provides a detailed analysis of your fights in ESO, helping you to track your total DPS as well as the damage of each and every skill, as well as uptime for buffs and debuffs. If you’re looking to perfect your build and rotation then Combat Metrics is a true must-have!
Best addons for ESO Economy
15. Tamriel Trade Center – is a vital addon for all players and especially hard-core traders, providing real-time item pricing information and the locations of specific items in guild traders. It is important to keep this add-on up-to-date as prices in ESO fluctuate greatly. It is recommended to manually check the website for expensive items to confirm their value. This mod will help even new players decide what items are worth keeping in their bags and banks versus ones they should vendor or deconstruct.
Where to go next in ESO
Ready to continue your journey learning everything there is to know about The Elder Scrolls Online? Then check these additional helpful guides and resources!
The number 1 Companion on this list is incredible for new and veteran ESO players alike!
Have you ever wondered which class is BEST for Soloing in The Elder Scrolls Online? While all classes can Solo in ESO to an extent, some classes are definitely better than others. The secret to picking the best solo class is…
These are the absolute best races for every type of Arcanist build in ESO, ranked and reviewed!
Explore the best races for Necromancers in ESO, ranked!
This article will help you unravel the nuances of mounts in ESO and the various ways you can get your hands on them. We will also guide you through the process of summoning your mount, regardless of the platform you are playing on.
Use these powerful tips to increase your inventory space in ESO!