The Oakensoul Ring is a new and POWERFUL Mythic Item added to The Elder Scrolls Online for the High Isle chapter. This Mythic is great for Solo Builds and One Bar Builds in ESO as it provides many fantastic buffs that you might not have room to use otherwise including Minor Courage, Minor Protection and Minor Force. In this guide we’ll explore exactly how you can find the Oakensoul Ring Leads in ESO.
Oakensoul Ring Stats and Buffs
The Oakensoul Ring is a Mythic Item in The Elder Scrolls Online found via the Antiquities system that grants the user many powerful buffs but also limits them to using only one skill bar.
The buffs provided by the Oakensoul Ring include:
- Minor Berserk – Increases damage by 5%
- Minor Courage – Increases Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 248
- Major Brutality – Increases Weapon Damage by 20%
- Major Sorcery – Increases Spell Damage by 20%
- Major Prophecy – Increases Spell Critical by 12%
- Major Savagery – Increases Weapon Critical by 12%
- Minor Force – Increases Critical Damage by 10%
- Minor Protection – Reduces Damage Taken by 5%
- Major Resolve – Increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5948
- Minor Heroism – Grants 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds
- Minor Fortitude – Increases Health Recovery by 15%
- Minor Intellect – Increases Magicka Recovery by 15%
- Minor Endurance – Increases Stamina Recovery by 15%
- Minor Slayer – Increases damage against Dungeon and Trial monsters by 5%
- Minor Aegis – Reduces damage from Dungeon and Trial monsters by 5%
- Empower – Increases the damage of your Heavy Attacks against monsters by 80%
Oakensoul Ring Lead Locations
The Oakensoul Ring is a Mythic Item that requires 5 gold quality leads. The leads are:
- Igneous Inlay – defeat Volcanic Vents in High Isle
- Larimar Gems – kill Titanclaw world boss in Stormhaven
- Sacred Resin – kill random enemies near Velyn Harbor in the zone of Malabal Tor
- Stone Shank Frame – mine random ore nodes in Glenumbra
- Petrified Oak Loop – Lockpick and open Safeboxes in Murkmire
More details on where to find each lead can be found below.
1. Igneous Inlay Lead
The Igneous Inlay lead for the Oakensoul Ring can be found easily by farming Volcanic Vents in the zone of High Isle. You must complete the Volcanic Vent world event and open the Volcanic Cache reward at the end.
There are 7 Volcanic Vents in total across both High Isle and Amenos. It’s recommended that players wishing to acquire this lead unlock all 7 vents first on their world map in order to see which Vent is currently active. Once you have identified the active Vent, simply use the closest wayshrine, run to the Vent, and defeat it with the help of other players in the zone if needed.
The Igneous Inlay lead is not a guaranteed drop from Volcanic Vents and you may need to clear several Vents before obtaining the lead.
2. Larimar Gems Lead
The Larimar Gems lead for the Oakensoul Ring can be found by killing the Titanclaw World Boss located in the zone of Stormhaven.
Titanclaw can be found in the Southwest corner of the zone at Mudcrab Beach, just south of Koeglin Lighthouse. The nearest Wayshrine to Titanclaw is the Bonesnap Ruins Wayshrine.
If Titanclaw is being camped already you will need to ensure that you still do enough damage to get credit for the kill. Typically this means you must be in the top 12 players in terms of total damage against the boss, so be sure to use your strongest damage skills and hardest-hitting Ultimate!
3. Sacred Resin Lead
The Sacred Resin lead for the Oakensoul Ring can be found by killing random enemies in the zone of Malabal Tor.
Personally, I’ve had the most luck in the area of Velyn Harbor which is on the West side of the zone map and has plenty of enemies to kill, but literally any enemy in the zone can drop this lead so feel free to try other locations as well.
4. Stone Shank Frame Lead
The Stone Shank Frame lead for the Oakensoul Ring can be found by farming random Ore Nodes in the zone of Glenumbra.
Any Ore Node can drop this lead and your Blacksmithing skill does not matter, though you may have some advantage by unlocking the passive that improves your ability to see Nodes out in the world.
Ore Nodes are most commonly found near rocky or mountainous areas in ESO, so sticking to the North edge of Glenumbra next to the cliffs is often a good way to find Ore.
5. Petrified Oak Loop Lead
The Petrified Oak Loop Lead for the Oakensoul Ring can be found inside Safeboxes in the zone of Murkmire.
There is a limited number of Safeboxes in the zone that respawn once emptied. The respawn timer is anywhere from 5 to 40 minutes. To get the Petrified Oak Loop Lead your best option is to be the first person to unlock the Safebox as this seems to increase the chances of getting this lead to drop.
For a better chance at finding an untouched Safebox, first understand there are four town locations in Murkmire that spawn these locked chests. The four towns are:
- Lilmoth – 9 Safeboxes
- Bright-Throat Village – 2 Safeboxes
- Alten Meerhleel – 2 Safeboxes
- Dead-Water Village – 3 Safeboxes
While Lilmoth has by far the most spawns it also tends to be the most crowded with other players trying to get the same lead so it may be more difficult to farm here. What I recommend to do first is travel though the zone, picking up Wayshrines and the other towns, then check each town to see which is the least crowded. The fewer people at a spawn point the better. For the best chance at getting the Petrified Oak Loop lead you will want to be the first person to unlock a Safebox.
Lilmoth Safebox Spawns List
- in center of room. between enchanting and jewelry crafting tables
- next to bookshelf in center of room
- Peatfire Smithery, on the fireplace
- inside Fillies and Foals stable
- A Thousand Cuts weaponsmith, next to the anvil
- Sernea’s Serene ironworks, on the small shelf
- Leathers of Lilmoth, next to the tanning rack
- Croaking Carpentry, below the sign
- Lusty Argonian Footman, on the front bar
- Mach-Taeed’s House, on the desk on the right
- Powostulm’s house
Bright-Throat Village Safebox Spawns List
- South of Bountiful Bough’s, on the platform
- Inside Vetra-Jat’s house
Alten Meerhleel Safebox Spawns List
- Inside the Dock House, back wall
- Inside Meerhleel Market, back wall
Dead-Water Village Safebox Spawns List
- At Naga-Kur Necessities
- Inside Raj-Kaal’s House
- Inside Nisswo Uaxal’s House
I’ve Got The Leads – Now What?
Once you have all the leads you’ll need to excavate for each individual piece. This requires a high Excavation skill and it’s possible to break each piece during the excavation process, so be careful! Once all pieces have been excavated the complete Oakensoul Ring will be added to your inventory.
Powerful One Bar Builds
Looking for some amazing one bar builds to test out your new Mythic? Try the builds below!
Become Immortal with INFINITE Sustain, Massive Shields and Health Recovery!
The BITTER CHILL Magicka Warden is quite possibly the most powerful Heavy Attack, One Bar build in ESO! This insanely EASY build requires absolutely zero trials gear but still manages a metric ton of Critical Damage through Warden’s innate passives.
The INVINCIBLE MAGE Build uses exactly ZERO class skills for a unique and off-meta approach to combat in ESO! With a simple, one bar set up and no trials gear needed this build works great on ANY class!!
The AURORA Build is the EASIEST Magicka Templar Build focused on Big Heavy Attack damage!
DRAUGR KIN is a Solo Magicka Necromancer One Bar build for ESO that can easily solo most content in the game while also being a valuable addition to any group!
The BOWZERKER Build is an insanely strong Bow Only build for The Elder Scrolls Online, focused on quick Burst Damage and mobility! This build is ideal for grinding experience and Champion Points in ESO as quickly as possible, not to mention it’s just incredibly fun!
Solo Stamina Necromancer PVE Build – Strong DOT Damage and Healing – ONE BAR and TWO BAR versions
Solo Stamina Nightblade One Bar PVE Build – Strong Single Target Damage and MASSIVE Shield Potential! Never Die Again with this build!
The Ultra POWERFUL and EASY Templar build for The Elder Scrolls Online.
Solo Stamina Dragonknight PVE Build – Tough-as-nails, Heavy Attack Warrior – ONE BAR and TWO BAR versions.
The ICE STORM Build is a Powerful One Bar set up for the Magicka Warden with impressive Damage, Speed and nearly infinite Sustain. This build will be great for leveling up or Grinding Champion Points and is extremely easy and FUN to play!
The CROSSBONES Build is an amazing burst damage build for the Stamina Necromancer in The Elder Scrolls Online, combining Skeletal Bombs with ESO’s only Crossbow skill! With powerful damage, fantastic speed, and amazing health recovery, this build is great choice for Grinding XP or any other type of Solo Content in ESO.